Are you looking for some quick and easy ways to save money on your car insurance in Florida ? If so, here are eight tips to help you save on your monthly payments:
1. Shop around. If you haven’t changed your car insurance provider recently, it might be time to shop around and see if you can find a company offering the same coverage at a lower rate—most people do.
2. Consider switching to a different policy. If the terms of your policy haven’t really been working for you, consider looking for a new policy with a lower rate and terms that do better fit your needs.
3. Drop coverage on certain cars. If you have older cars that you are paying to insure but that you will never file a claim on, it’s time to drop them from your insurance.
4. Buy a car that doesn’t cost as much to insure. There are actually cars that are less expensive to ensure than others. Small SUVs have been listed as one of the least expensive cars to insure, so if you’re in the market for a new car and
cheaper insurance , look into small SUVs.
5. See if your insurer has safety discounts. If you buy a car with lots of safety features, you might be able to get a discount, as your car will protect you during an accident and will be more difficult to steal.
6. Ask about discounts of all kinds. Most insurance companies provide discounts for students who get good grades, for people who are married, for driving your car infrequently, and for bundling policies. Find and ask for these discounts if they apply to you .
7. Don’t speed. Getting a ticket, either for speeding or for parking badly, can bump up your rates. One sure way to avoid getting a ticket is to never speed and to never park where you know you shouldn’t.
8. Keep your credit score high. Your credit score is used to determine your financial worthiness and is used in calculating how risky of an investment you are. A high credit score means you are more responsible, and are therefore less of a risk. Insurance companies like insuring people who are low-risk, as they are unlikely to file claims.
For a free assessment of your current car insurance policy , use the form on this form to request a free quote. Or, contact our expert insurance agents at Anderson & Associates, today .